Terms and conditions
In using this website you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Member", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Member and ourselves, or either the Member or ourselves. "Website refers to AccredtiedTraders.com."All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Member in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Member’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing English Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
1. Privacy Statement
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorised employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. There are specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
2. Website Use
You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes only and not:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In a way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purposes of harming or attempting to harm any person, business or entity in anyway;
- To undermine the purpose and provision of Services;
- To gain a competitive advantage over any businesses in your sector;
- To act in competition with the Services;
- To violate the privacy of others;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of solicitation;
- To reverse engineer, decompile, dissemble, decipher or otherwise derive the code used on the Website;
- To use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Website; or
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy, sub-license, broadcast, distribute, sell, re-brand or re-sell any part of the Website (without Accredited Traders express consent).
3. User Submissions
Where you upload content to the Website you must ensure that all content uploaded:
- Is accurate, true, up to date, genuine and not misleading;
- Is relevant and appropriate;
- Complies with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which the content is posted or viewed and does not promote illegal activity;
- Does not contain material which is or potentially could be defamatory, obscene, aggressive, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or rude;
- Does not infringe the copyright or any intellectual property rights of any person and where such content relates to an image, you must ensure that all necessary consents and authorizations have been obtained;
- Does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Does not relate to the services provided by Accredited Traders;
- Does not have the purpose or effect of advertising, discussing or commenting on third party businesses who are not a Member;
- Is not threatening, abusive or invades others privacy or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Does not impersonate any person or misrepresent identities or affiliations; or
- Does not give the impression that it emanates from Accredited Traders (if this is not the case).
All the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 shall apply and as such, any information concerning the Member and their respective Member Records may be passed to third parties. However, Member records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than our staff if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
5. Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Company does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
- Accredited Traders takes necessary steps to verify the credentials and company status of its members (the “Evaluation Process”).
- Accredited Traders collects and collates feedback/reviews from customers of its members by means of feedback (“Monitoring”).
- Accredited Traders collates recommendations from the public in relation to its members and the services they provide (“Recommendations”).
- The results of the Recommendation, Evaluation and Monitoring processes are published on the Website.
The fee for your Membership to the Website ("Membership Fee") is calculated and payable annually on the anniversary of the start of your Membership (unless otherwise stated) in advance. We shall be under no obligation to provide the Service until the Membership Fee has been paid.
This agreement and your access to the Service may be terminated by written notice if:-
- (a) You are in material breach of this agreement and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you
- (b) You may terminate this agreement and receive a pro-rata refund if the Service is discontinued or if we are in material breach of this agreement and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to us.
9. Money Back Guarantee
Terms and Conditions
To qualify for the money back guaranteed, we only expect you to do what an average members does:
- Supply 4 or more feedback reports each month
- Uphold the Accredited Traders Terms and Conditions
- Supply new public liability insurance and accreditations before your current ones expire
- Update your profile page with at least 3 photos and supply your profile text with 30 days of joining
- Hand your Accredited Traders customer feedback cards to at least 50% of your customers before you start any work
- If you have a website, you must link it to your AccreditedTraders.com profile page using one of our links within 30 days of Joining
The money back guarantee is only available to members who have paid their membership in full. Your membership must be cancelled in full at the point of renewal at the end of the first full year. We will contact you at that point.
If we refund your cancelled membership money and you wish to rejoin Accredited Traders within 4 years, you will be asked to first repay us the money we refunded you. If you have any question regarding our money back guarantee please call us: 0800 043 4848
10. Accredited Traders rights
Accredited Traders will determine at its discretion, whether you have failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions constitutes a material breach and may result in Accredited Traders:
- Temporarily suspending/withdraw your access to the Website;
- Permanently withdraw your access to the Website;
- Disclose necessary information to law enforcement authorities.
- Commence legal proceedings against you for your actions
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within the United Kingdom, or in relation to postings from the United Kingdom. All advertising is intended solely for the United Kingdom market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Company. The Company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this Company, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
12. No Advice
The content contained on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although Accredited Traders makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, please note that the content contained on the Website may be out of date at any given time and Accredited are under no obligation to update it.
13. Log Files
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
15. Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
16. Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
17. Copyright Notice
The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all text relating to the Company’s services and the full content of this website.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, & other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Company literature or via the Company’s stated telephone numbers.
Accredited Traders is a trading name of Media Vortex Ltd is registered in England and Wales, Number 08425787, registered office 4 Capricorn Centre, Cranes Farm Road, Basildon, Essex, SS14 3JJ.
19. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
You agree to indemnify and hold Accredited Traders and its employees and agents harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against Accredited Traders by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by Accredited Traders in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and using our services you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Company to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorised representatives of the Company.
23. Notification of Changes
LAST UPDATED: [01/06/2015]